Becoming a parent is undoubtedly one of the best feelings in the world. It is a truly life-changing experience when you welcome a newborn into the family. Soon after the initial excitement subsides you begin to wonder about how you can make your baby’s life as comfortable and safe as possible.
Studies have shown that a newborn baby normally sleeps for at least 16 hours a day, with around 10 hours at night and 6 hours during the day. So, a soft, comfortable and safe space for putting your baby to sleep is of utmost importance. This is where co-sleepers and bassinets come as the perfect solution.
What is Co-Sleeper and Bassinet?
Hearing about co-sleepers and bassinets can be quite confusing, especially if you are about to buy a sleeping bed for a newborn. Allow us to make it simple for you.
A co-sleeper is a mini-crib that is designed to fit near or on your bed, hence the name “co-sleeper”. It is normally open or transparent from the side if it is meant to be a drop-down co-sleeper while the in-bed co-sleeper is distinguished by its design which allows it to be placed directly on to your bed. You can also get co-sleepers that can be transformed into drop-down or in-bed co-sleepers.
On the other hand, a bassinet is defined as a sort of basket for young babies and newborns. It can either be a stand-alone design or can be fixed to the side of your bed. It is distinguishable from a crib due to its smaller size and rounded shape.
Why to Choose Co-Sleeper & Bassinets for Your Newborn Kids
Now, if you are wondering why to choose co-sleeper or bassinet for your newborn kids, then you should know that co-sleepers allow you the relief and satisfaction of always having your newborn by your bedside. A bassinet is extremely useful as the baby grows a little older and it serves as a portable crib too.
Best Co-Sleeper & Bassinets for Newborns in 2020
It’s time to check our carefully selected best co-sleeper and bassinets for newborns in 2020:
Snuggle Me Organic Co-Sleeper
The Snuggle Me Organic co-sleeper ranks at the top of our list of the best co-sleepers and bassinets for 2020 owing to the reliability and it ease of use. It comes with a simple but comfortable design which works great to induce a restful nap for your newborn.
It is made from pure organic cotton which not only makes it comfortable but also easy to wash as well. Its innovative design makes it multi-functional too.
- Genuine organic cotton material
- Large range of colors
- Easy to use and maintain
- Extremely comfortable for newborns
No disadvantages found so far.
Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper Bassinet
The Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper Bassinet is also highly recommended on our list of the best bassinets and co-sleepers for 2020. It is a drop-side bassinet that has a simple design yet provides extreme comfort to newborns.
This is a great choice for C-Section mothers who need to stay in bed for a few days as they recover and still take care of their newborn.
- Adjustable height and varying positions
- Zipper on the side for easy and quick drop down
- Mattress is extremely comfortable
- Extremely portable due to foldable design
- Affordable pricing
- No storage pockets
- No white noise or lullaby features
SwaddleMe By Your Side Co-Sleeper
The SwaddleMe By Your Side Co-Sleeper is another excellent choice for parents who are looking for a compact, safe and affordable bedside co-sleeper. It is noticeably lightweight and designed small yet spacious enough for newborns. It is fitted with washable polyester lining which makes it easy to clean and maintain.
The metal frame structure makes the co-sleeper immensely durable and safe for your newborn to have a nice nap. The mesh at the sides allows maximum airflow for a comfortable sleep for your child.
- High-quality metal frame structure makes it strong and durable
- Easy maintenance and cleaning
- Foldable design makes it extremely portable
- Might not fit smaller sized beds
HALO Bassinet Swivel Co-Sleeper
The HALO Swivel Co-Sleeper follows a bedside bassinet design and is extremely versatile. It can easily be converted from a bassinet to a co-sleeper thanks to its adjustable height. In addition, it comes with a wide range of features, such as soft nightlight, soothing vibrations, sleep sound collection, feeder timer.
This bassinet cum co-sleeper is immensely portable as it can be easily rotated or swiveled to make sure your baby stays as close to your bed as possible.
- Certified SIDS risk-free by the CJ Foundation for optimal safety
- Extremely versatile and multi-functional with wide range of features
- Lightweight design makes it effectively portable
- Adjustable height for maximum efficiency
- Mattress is thinner
- Higher cost
Baby Delight Snuggle Nest Afterglow Infant Co-Sleeper
The Baby Delight Snuggle Nest Afterglow Infant Co-Sleeper is yet another excellent choice for co-sleeper for parents who wish to have a transparent yet sturdy baby sleeper for their bed. It has earned popularity due to its simple yet brilliant design which makes it comfortable and portable at the same time.
This co-sleeper is equipped with a removable mattress which makes it extremely easy to maintain and keep clean.
- Washable stain-proof mattress
- Lightweight design yet durable
- Foldable feature for easy portability
- Easy to maintain
- Reasonably priced
- Can improve softness and comfort of mattress
How to Choose Perfect Co-Sleeper / Bassinets: Complete Buying Guide 2020
Now that you’ve gone through our selection of the best co-sleeper and bassinets for newborns in 2020, it’s time to learn the tips on how to choose perfect co-sleeper/bassinet for your little angle, with complete buying guide for 2020.
These are the simple yet salient points to consider before finalizing your choice of the best co-sleeper or bassinet for newborns in 2020:
- Design – Firm cushions and a simplistic design helps to keep your baby safe and lets them sleep in immense comfort. You should choose a design with the style and color that suits your home interior. Normally, the co-sleepers and bassinets available in the market are designed to provide sleep mainly and are thus in low-key colors.
- Security –Safety of the baby when they are asleep is the other important aspect to consider when buying a co-sleeper or bassinet. The co-sleeper or bassinet should provide a flat yet comfortable surface to ensure your baby gets sound sleep every time.
- Functionality –Although co-sleepers and bassinets are mainly meant for the baby to sleep these also come with a variety of functions, such as converting into a crib or pram even. Choose the co-sleeper and bassinet that fits your specific requirements and avoid unnecessarily complex sleeping accessories.
- Maintenance –Babies are naturally inclined to be messy so it is highly advisable to choose a co-sleeper or bassinet that allows easy washing or cleaning. Make sure that the co-sleeper or bassinet of your choice is wash-friendly or can be cleaned easily using a damp cloth.